Congratulations to Ella Piersma who is the winner of the 2017 Goleta Lions Club Peace Poster Contest. There were over 100 entries from local students in the Santa Barbara Area. Great Job Ella!
Goleta Lions Peace Poster Contest
Each year, Lions clubs around the world proudly sponsor the Lions International Peace Poster Contest in local schools and youth groups. This art contest for kids encourages young people worldwide to express their visions of peace. For 25 years, more than eight million children from nearly 100 countries have participated in the contest.
The theme of the 2017 Peace Poster Contest is “The Future of Peace.”
- Contest is open to students who will be 11, 12 or 13 years of age on November 15.
- Artwork must be no smaller than 13 inches by 20 inches and no larger than 20 inches by 24 inches.
- Only one entry per student per year, and each entry must be the work of only one student.
- All artwork must be the individual student’s original creation. Duplications are not accepted.
- All media are accepted. Note: Chalk, charcoal and pastel entries should be sealed with a fixative spray to prevent smearing. Do not laminate entries.
- Three-dimensional entries will not be accepted. Nothing may be glued, stapled or attached to the artwork in any way.
- The use of lettering or numbering on the front of the poster, in any language, is not allowed. Do not write anything on the front of the poster.
- Please clearly write Artist Full Name, Phone Number and Email Address on the BACK of the poster.
- Artwork should be done on a flexible material, so it can be rolled for shipping in a mailing tube. Do not fold poster.
Peace Poster Contest Judging
Each poster is judged on originality, artistic merit and expression of the theme.
Posters advance through several judging levels: local, district, multiple district and international. At the international level, judges from the art, peace, youth, education and media communities select one grand prize winner and 23 merit award winners.
Each Peace Poster Entry must be turned into the Goleta Lions Club on or before Tuesday, November 1st 2016 to be entered into the contest.
Goleta Lions Club Peace Poster History
2013 was a historical year for the Goleta Lions Club Peace Poster Contest. Santa Barbara local Kieran Meaney, an 8th grader who attended La Colina Junior High school, not only won the local peace poster contest but her artistic masterpiece went all the way to the statewide competition where she won “honorable mention.” Kieran’s poster competed against 15 other entries from Lions Clubs around the state of California. This is the furthest any Goleta Lions Club Peace Poster Contest Entry has gone in club history. We want to congratulate Kieran and her family on this outstanding accomplishment.